One thing I love about having a blender is that you can make smoothies by mixing random ingredients that you have but don’t know what to do with them, and not knowing if it will taste good once you’ve put them all together. That is what I did with this blueberry chocolate smoothie. It turned out to be a delicious smoothie, perfect for autumn.
The list of ingredients I used:
- Frozen blueberries, 2 cups
- Cacao powder, 1 tablespoon
- 2 bananas, cut them in smaller pieces
- Small hand full of raisins
- 3-4 Medjool dates, cut them in smaller pieces
- Fresh mint, 3-4 leaves
- Coconut milk, Alpro, 1 cup
- Lime, juice
- Small amount of Chia seeds
- You can also add a small amount of cinnamon powder if you like
If your smoothie is really thick after blending, you can add more coconut milk or water.
Thickening a runny smoothie? Add more of the solid ingredients, or add ground oatmeal. Stop blending occasionally to scrape down the sides of the jar and stir the contents.
What is your favourite smoothie recipe?